A hike towards the sun from the historic little town of Willisau over the delightful Napf hills to the generally fog-free village of Menzberg.
Distance 13.7 km
From the Old Town, the trail leads past the bailiff's castle and through the sports facilities towards Chalchtaren. Awaiting you after a steep climb are lovely views of the varied Napf foothills. Your hike takes you along one of the many ridges of one of these foothills via Mettenberg over a delightful plateau to Mörisegg, a former retirement home. At alt. 950 m you arrive at the distinctive St. Joder chapel, known locally as «Tioderchäppeli». Soon after this comes the highest point of the hike, the Oberlehn. To the southwest stands a lime tree on a prominent hill with seating and an information board that describes the panorama and geographical features. Menzberg, the highest village on the Napf with some 600 inhabitants, soon hoves into view. The Hotel Kurhaus serves an excellent meal before the postbus to Menznau brings you to the railway station.
The little detour to the lime tree on the Oberlehn is highly recommended for the fabulous panoramic view it offers!
Update: December 15, 2020
Getting thereWillisau can be reached by motorway via Dagmersellen / Sursee.
ParkingFee-paying parking is available at Willisau railway station.
32T 423901 5219253
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentSturdy footwear and something against the rain.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view