Tourismusverband Oststeiermark - Geschäftsstelle Region Joglland - Waldheimat Verified partner Explorers Choice
Wassermühle "Hornschmied"Photo: Sutdio Fotogen, TV Miesenbach
A section of the trail - between the mill "Hornschmied" and the ice hut Wetzelberger - is also suitable for wheelchairs and strollers.
Stations: Mäanderbach, Kalvarienberg, remains of the mill "Hirzabauer", mill "Hornschmied", water hiking, smallest show power station in Europe, purification of water, About Miesenbach, fairy tale forest, longest wooden footbridge in Joglland.
It is also possible to start at the ice hut.
Track typesShow elevation profile
Safety informationWalk at your own risk
Rescue: Emergency call 144
Tips and hintsTourism Association East Styria
Office Joglland - Waldheimat
8255 St. Jakob im Walde
church quarter 24
Tel.: +43 3336 20255
- We start at the village square in Miesenbach at the village fountain
- From the village fountain we walk past the Florianihof to the first achievement point: the wooden footbridge over the Määnderbach stream
- We continue over the Calvary to a beautiful path next to the Miesenbach stream
- After a walking time of about 30 minutes in the shady valley we come to the mill Hornschmied - visits possible
- Mühle Hornschmied: May to October, Tuesday and Thursday from 14.00-17.00, Tel.: +43 3174 8320, advance booking requested
- Now we continue along the brook to the "smallest show power station in Europe".
- We continue our hike along the Miesenbach stream to the fairytale forest
- From the fairy tale forest we walk along the longest wooden footbridge in Joglland to the municipal road.
- After 1,5 - 2 hours we come back to our starting point
Public transportÖBB: www.oebb.at or Verbundlinie Styria: www.busbahnbim.at
With the BusBahnBim app of Verbundlinie, timetable information has never been easier: all connections by bus, train and streetcar in Austria can be queried by entering locations and/or addresses, stops or important points. The app is available as a free app for smartphones (Android, iOS) - on Google Play and in the App Store.
Getting thereFrom Graz via Weiz and Birkfeld to MiesenbachTravel time: approx. 1 hour
From Hartberg via Pöllau to Miesenbach Journey time: approx. ½ hour
from Krieglach via Alpl and Birkfeld to MiesenbachJourney time: approx. 45 minutes
Detailed information on how to get here can be found here.
ParkingParking is available on the village square at the inns or at the municipality / elementary school.
Parking entrance ice hut: directly at the ice hut
Book recommendation by the author
Wanderheft "Zu Fuß durch das Joglland und die Waldheimat": erhältlich beim Tourismusverband Joglland - Waldheimate: +43 3336 20255
Wasserweg Miesenbach Folder
EquipmentProper backpacking makes many things easier: pack heavy things first. The water bottle should always be within easy reach in a side pocket. All things that are often needed, such as sunglasses, camera or hiking map, belong on top.
Before the start of the hike, check the opening times for refreshment stops and pack the appropriate food.
An emergency kit (incl. blister plaster) belongs in every backpack!
It is always advisable to dress according to the "onion system"!
A good hiking boot is a good companion and should never be missing!
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others