This is a very beautiful, not too difficult summit path, well protected by steel cables.
Very beautiful, easy and well-secured summit ascent to one of most scenic lookout points close to the Dachstein cable car. The via ferrata leads you along the mostly not-too-steepsouth ridge of the Hoher Gjaidstein in the process. The ridge hike to the Kleiner Gjaidstein is eas,with some passages providing permanent safety features.
Due to the short hike from the mountain station of the Dachstein cable car along with the minimal technical difficulty, also highly suited for beginners and childern. However, please bear in mind the elevation (ca. 3000 m above sea level) and risk of thunderstorms.
Rest stopsDachstein Gletscherrestaurant
Hiking Via Ferrata routes is a demanding sport in rugged terrain. For your safety, please observe the following rules:
- Via Ferrata routes are demanding and require a good level of fitness, no hight vertigo and sure-footedness.
- Always use a helmet and, a Via Ferrata kit to attach yourself to the safety rope. Many mountain rescue missions are a result of carelessness and bad weather conditions.
- Many routes require most of the day. When planning a tour, always include the possibility of a sudden change of weather. Be prepared: carry spare clothing and a good stock of food supplies.
- Always show respect towards fellow mountaineers. Inform them about possible dangers if need be.
- Take care of our environment. Only take photographs and memories with you - leave no trace.
Alpine Emergency Numbers
Mountain Rescue 140
Euro Emergency Call 112
Tips and hints
Latest Informationen at Bergführerbüro Ramsau am Dachstein or phone +43 664 522 0080.
Arriving from the west:
From the west you can take the Munich-Salzburg motorway, continuing on the Tauern motorway (A 10) until the Ennstal junction. From here take the Ennstal A-road (the B 320) for around 30 km into the Schladming-Dachstein region, then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off. Drive through the Ramsau Village and then turn left to Dachstein toll road. Continue up to the parking place Türlwand Hütte.
Arriving from the north:
From the south-east take the Pyhrnautobahn motorway (A 9) to the Liezen junction and then the Ennstal A-road (B 320) into the Schladming-Dachstein region. Then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off. Drive through the Ramsau Village and then turn left to Dachstein toll road. Continue up to the parking place Türlwand Hütte.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Via ferrata equipment
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints