From mid-station of Stubai glacier cable car a comfortable half-day excursion (can be connected with a hiking trip to lake “Mutterberger See”). It’s not advisable to hike the via ferrata at wetness. Also experienced children will have fun on this via ferrata. Access and Descent are short; a security rope is advisable;
Difficulty mainly B/C and C, one passage C/D, many exposed passages with constriction
Safety informationBefore starting the tour please take care of the weather conditions. Also get information about the tour conditions in the Stubai mountain guide offices. You receive the updated list of the hut openings in the offices of the Tourist Board Stubai Tirol.
Tips and hintswww.stubai.at; www.stubaier-gletscher.com
Getting thereFrom Innsbruck over Brenner motorway A13 to exit „Stubaital“ and over Neustift to the end of the valley, bottom station of Stubai glacier cable cars.
Parkingparking at Stubai glacier cableway bottom station Mutterberg
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentVia ferrata set, helmet, mountain boots, safety rope for youths!
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.