This Via Ferrata can only be accessed via the glacier - you will need proper glacier equipment!
From Dachstein Gondola's Mountain Station it will take you approx. 45 min to cross the Hallstätter glacier to the Simonyscharte and further on to the entry point.
Beware of Crevasses! Glacier Equipment required!
Built in 2011, the Amon via Ferrata is the connecting path between Adamek hut and Simony hut.
Hiking Via Ferrata routes is a demanding sport in rugged terrain. For your safety, please observe the following rules:
- Via Ferrata routes are demanding and require a good level of fitness, no hight vertigo and sure-footedness.
- Always use a helmet and, a Via Ferrata kit to attach yourself to the safety rope. Many mountain rescue missions are a result of carelessness and bad weather conditions.
- Many routes require most of the day. When planning a tour, always include the possibility of a sudden change of weather. Be prepared: carry spare clothing and a good stock of food supplies.
- Always show respect towards fellow mountaineers. Inform them about possible dangers if need be.
- Take care of our environment. Only take photographs and memories with you - leave no trace.
Alpine Emergency Numbers
Mountain rescue 140
Euro Emergency Call 112
Tips and hintswww.ramsau.com
Arriving from the west:
From the west you can take the Munich-Salzburg motorway, continuing on the Tauern motorway (A 10) until the Ennstal junction. From here take the Ennstal A-road (the B 320) for around 30 km into the Schladming-Dachstein region, then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off.
Arriving from the north:
From the south-east take the Pyhrnautobahn motorway (A 9) to the Liezen junction and then the Ennstal A-road (B 320) into the Schladming-Dachstein region. Then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off.
ParkingParking lot at the bottom station of the Dachstein glacier
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentVia Ferrata and Glacier Equipment
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.