Scenic hikes from St. Christoph via the Berggeistweg to the Kaltenberghütte.
Distance 14.5 km
Public transportation will take you from Klösterle to St. Christoph. The Berggeistweg is located near the church in St. Christoph and leads you over the Albonagrat to the Kaltenberghütte. The Kaltenberghütte is situated at an altitude of 2,089 m in a breezy balcony location high above the rearmost Klostertal, on the northern slope of the Kaltenberg. Thanks to the exposed position, there are beautiful views into the Klostertal and to the Flexenpass as well as to the opposite peaks of the Lechquellgebirge and the Verwallgebirge. At the Kaltenberghütte you can indulge in culinary delights. The descent leads you via Paul-Bantlin-Weg back to St. Christoph am Arlberg.
Other tour options to the Kaltenberghütte
- Stuben via Stubener-See-Weg: walking time 3 hrs.
- Stuben via Passage/Albona: walking time: 2 3/4 hrs.
- Langen via Bludenzer Almen: walking time 3 ½ hrs.
- Alpe Stuben-Rauz: walking time 2 hrs.
- St. Christoph via Paul-Bantlin-Weg: walking time 2 ½ hrs.
Update: July 23, 2021
Safety informationEMERGENCY CALL
140 Alpine emergencies Austria-wide
144 Alpine emergencies Vorarlberg
112 Euro-emergency call (works with any mobile phone/network)
ParkingParking place in St. Christoph
32T 592063 5220021
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentGood footwear, warm clothing, rain and sun protection and hiking poles are recommended. Cell phone in case of emergency.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view