Impressive mountains, wild waters, 14.2 km long, 1.270 vertical meters, 25.000 steps!
You can start this hike from the parking lot at Silberkarklamm/Fliegenpilz, from the trailhead Feistererhof or from the trailhead Percht/Alte Mühle (old mill).
In summer, this is a unique hike to fill your passbook with stamps. If you visit all four mountain huts on this hike, you can pick up a free “Königsetappe” shirt at Intersport Bachler Ramsau Ort.
From the west:
Tauern Autobahn (A 10) to Knoten Ennstal - turnoff direction Graz/Schladming - stay on the Ennstal-Bundesstraße (B320) for approx. 20 km until Schladming - take the turnoff for Ramsau.
From the north:
Pyhrn Autobahn (A 9) direction Liezen - take the Ennstal-Bundesstraße (B320) to Schladming - turnoff Ramsau.
ParkingFeisterhof or Alte Mühle (old mill)
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking equipment for high-alpine tours.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.