The great Jogl - starting point Miesenbach
Tourismusverband Oststeiermark - Geschäftsstelle Region Joglland - Waldheimat Verified partner Explorers Choice
Heimatmuseum in WenigzellPhoto: Gery Wolf, TV Joglland - Waldheimat
Variant 2 of the tour "Der große Jogl" leads from the Toten Mann over the Wildwiese to the next connection point, the former Gasthof Kreuzwirt.
A special service along the tour "Der große Jogl" is the luggage transport - just cycle carefree, without annoying extra luggage. While you are on the way, your luggage will be brought to your next stage destination (by 17:00 at the latest).
Safety informationEmergency call: 144
Fair Play Rules for Mountain Biking:
- Pedestrians have priority: show consideration for pedestrians and hikers
- Respect for nature: Avoid noise and garbage
- Ride only on trails: Never ride off marked roads and trails.
- Ride on sight: Control speed and ride ready to brake
- Never ride without a helmet: even uphill
- Observe rules: Observe road traffic regulations and driving bans
- Pasture cattle: approach at walking pace and close pasture gates
- Use only technically perfect mountain bikes: check them regularly
- Take an emergency kit with you: Take a repair kit and bandages with you
- Correct self-assessment: condition and riding technique
The use of the trail is at your own risk!
Please respect the opening hours: From 01 April to 01 November: from 1 hour after sunrise, to 1 hour before sunset.
Tips and hintsTourism Association East Styria
Office Joglland - Waldheimat
8255 St. Jakob im Walde
church quarter 24
Tel.: +43 3336 20255
- We start in Miesenbach
- Immediately we pass the Gasthof Wiesenhofer to the Schloffereck
- From the Schloffereck we drive briefly on the country road
- Then we turn into a forest and drive to the Masenberg
- From here we drive in the direction of the market place
- We cross the main road and follow the Dörflweg
- After about 2 km we turn into a forest until we reach an asphalt road.
- From the asphalt road we drive to Waldbach-Mönichwald
- We continue in the direction of the Hochwechsel lifts to Mönichwalder Schwaig
- From there we continue to the Hochwechsel
- Via the Rabl-Kreuz hut we drive to the Arzberg hut
- From the Arzberghütte our tour continues to St. Jakob im Walde
- Now we continue to Rettenegg
- We follow the main road until we make the next detour to the Pretul in Ratten
- We follow the main route in the direction of St. Kathrein am Hauenstein
- At the mining settlement we turn right onto Alpl
- Now we drive over the Waldtoni Alm to Fischbach From Fischbach we continue to Birkfeld
- From Birkfled we ride about 4 km on the R8 Feistritztalradweg and turn off to Strallegg
- Now we pass the village center in the direction of the ski lift
- After the Jausenstation Posch we keep to the right and cycle through a forest to Wenigzell
- In Wenigzell we pass the church until we reach the crossing point "Toter Mann".
- From here we ride comfortably back to Miesenbach
On the overall tour "Der große Jogl" - Variant 1: via Miesenbach we have now completed about 180 kilometers and 5200 meters of altitude.
Alle Informationen hierzu unter erhalten Sie unter: www.oebb.at oder unter www.busbahnbim.at
Routenplaner für Ihre Anreise
ParkingParkplätze am Dorfplatz Miesenbach vorhanden
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentThe right bike for this tour is a mountain bike. Road bikes are not recommended.
Breakdowns can happen - but rarely at the door of a service station: a basic equipment of tools and accessories therefore never hurts! Spare tube and/or repair kit, universal wrench, air pump, brake and shift cable and a screwdriver can never hurt.
Suitable footwear, clothing in the "onion principle" and a backpack belong to the basic equipment.
Take enough to drink and eat with you - not everywhere there are refreshment stops.
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others