One of the most beautiful alpine pastures in the Dachstein region is the almost untouched Grafenbergalm, which you will cross after two thirds of the way.
Distance 13.5 km
The Grafenbergalm is well-known for its idyllic location and its alpine manager: the poet and author Bodo Hell. For years, he has spent his summers working as an alpine herdsman and dairyman, which inspired his literary works.
Update: July 22, 2021
Rest StopBerggasthof Steinerhaus
Safety informationYou can only do this walk in good weather conditions!
Tips and hints
Steiermark Tourismus, Tel. +43 316 4003, www.steiermark.com
Schladming-Dachstein, Tel. +43 3687 23310, www.schladming-dachstein.at
Ramsau am Dachstein, Tel. +43 3687 818338, www.ramsau.com
ParkingYou can join this route via path no. 616 from Ramsau am Dachstein, where you will find various parking lots.
33T 400765 5256092
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view