4-day snowshoehike with start and end at Col de Bramont, we camped out but it's also possible to do this tour sleeping in hotels/huts.
- Day 1: Col de Bramont > Le Schindelrucken
- Day 2: Le Schindelrucken > Wiedenbachrunz
- Day 3: Wiedenbachrunz > les Trois Fours
- Day 4: les Trois Fours > Col de Bramont
Safety informationNo avalanche equipment necessary on this route. Avoid the avalanche prone routes at the eastern side f.ex. direct route to Frankental from Hohneck, and Sentier des Roches (which is too icy in winter).
Tips, hints and links
If you want to sleep inside in a warm bed instead of camping out:
- Day 1: Refuge de la Chaume (west of le Grand Ventron)
- Day 2: Hotel-restaurant Valneige in Mittlach
- Dag 3: Refuge les Trois Fours – a cosy mountain hut of the Club Alpin Français
ParkingThere is a free parking at Col de Bramont.
32U 346773 5318368
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentSnowshoes necessary, from a height of 900m the snow stays. Below it fastly melts. January and february are the months with the highest chance for snow.
For changing the range of view, push the arrows together.