Quiet lonely flat ski tour in forest terrain.
Through the breathtaking Öfenschlucht gorge you walk up the serpentines, over the Seeboden-Rahnstube and Brandmoos following the signs to the Viehbergalm.The huts are not managed in winter, nevertheless, or precisely because of this, the Viehbergalm is a unique place to enjoy the peace and quiet of winter.
SummitLynx- Your digital summit and hut book - available worldwide and always with you!
In winter, caution is advised even on supposedly easy tours. The ground can be slightly icy in shady places, and there may be a risk of avalanches on slopes. Mountain sports are therefore - even more so in winter - above all subject to personal responsibility. Before every ski tour or snowshoe hike, it is essential to consult the current avalanche report - available at www.lawine.at.Tourism associations or avalanche warning services do not assume any liability based on the information provided.
by car to Gröbming as far as Lend
parking place Lend
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- Ski touring equipment consisting of skis/splitboard, skins and poles
- Avalanche transceiver (LVS), shovel and probe
- Change of bodysuit & bonnet
- Sunglasses for the ascent, ski goggles & helmet for the descent
- Warm gloves, possibly light gloves for the ascent
- Thermos flask with a warm drink, e.g. tea and muesli bar
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints