Find short rest and relaxation in the Leibnitzer Au, or create memories together with the family through nature experiences.
Distance 3.7 km
As early as 4500 to 2200 BC, Frauenberg in the present-day municipality of Seggauberg above Leibnitz was inhabited. From 450 to around the birth of Christ, a town-like central place with the name Solva developed there, which was moved to the plain in what is now Wagna around 15 BC. In the 7th and 8th centuries, immigrating Slavs settled on Frauenberg, gave the place the name Lipnizza (lipanizza = linden place) and made it a court or meeting place.
Visit Seggau Castle with the Castle Tavern.
Update: October 04, 2021
Getting thereComing from the south, north, east and west on the A9 Phyrnautobahn - exit Leibnitz
ParkingParking spaces are available around the municipal open-air swimming pool.
33T 540320 5180836
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
We recommend that you always take a bottle of water with you.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view