Distance 17.6 km
The round-hike starts in Oberschongau at the church and leads through the forest on the Lindenberg to the Horben alp restaurant, situated at 800 m above sea level and offering hearty food and desserts accompanied by wonderful panoramic views in fine weather. The interpretation panel near the restaurant indicates the peaks you can see. You then pass through the Sulzer forest to the Sulzer cross. There the path leads over a sunny expanse to Müswangen. With its fantastic views of the Central Swiss and Bernese Alps, the Hämikerberg guesthouse is a great place to enjoy the sunset. You end by walking along the edge of the forest back to Oberschongau.
Tip: in autumn/winter, visit the webcam page of the Horbenalp restaurant (www.horben.ch) to see if the Horben is in the couds or not!
Update: May 27, 2021
32T 445326 5235737
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view