Special places are often located quite nearby, even though sometimes small or large amounts of self-perseverance or the ability to inwardly extend yourself is required to reach these places.
The ‘Gletscherblick’ (glacier view) scenic nature site is just such a place: so near, so unassuming, yet it can only be reached via a short path.
The reward for your efforts: like a huge painting, the view of the Stubai Glacier manifests itself along with its eternally ice-covered, protruding summit – around the striking Zuckerhütl, while one can make out the Sulzenauferner, Fernerstube and Grünauferner glaciers, located in the northern Oberbergtal of the Alpeiner Ferner.
Getting thereDie Tour startet bei der Bergstation Kreuzjoch, welche mit der Bergbahn der Schlick 2000 erreicht werden kann. An der Talstation befinden sich zahlreiche kostenlose Parkplätze. Die Bergbahn Schlick 2000 wird über die Ortschaft Fulpmes erreicht. Direkte Busverbindungen nach Fulpmes.
ParkingAn der Talstation befinden sich zahlreiche kostenlose Parkplätze.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.