- Let others know where you are going and when you plan to be back.
- Turn back in good time if the weather deteriorates. If you are caught in a thunderstorm, stay away from free-standing trees and wait out the storm, crouching if possible.
- Stay on marked trails and remember to close pasture fences.
- If you are a dog owner: Clarify before the hike if you have to cross a pasture. Keep your dog on a leash and make sure it stays calm. If a cow attacks, let the dog off the leash immediately. Never pick him up to defend him.
Tips and hintsTourism information: www.schladming-dachstein.at
Tourism blog: www.derbergdastal.at
Tourist Office Schladming-Dachstein
T: +43 3687 23310
Garbage on meadows and paths can not smell mountain and valley. Please take it with you. Agriculture and forestry are important partners for Berg und Tal. They allow you to walk and drive on many of their paths. Be aware that only good cooperation will guarantee your recreational enjoyment in the future.
Getting thereOn the B320 coming from Liezen or Schaldming, at the Trautenfels traffic circle, take the exit towards Irdning. After about 100m turn right up to Trautenfels Castle.
ParkingFree-Parking at the Castle Trauetenfels
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- shoes with a light tread
- Clothing according to the weather
- Backpack with small food