HIGHLIGHT: just above Malborghetto, at KM 28, you will find a small park that invites you to take an extended break
Rest StopErlebnis-Naturbad Vorderberg
Osteria del Camoscio
- When the line is closed - absolute driving ban!
- Always drive on half sight.
- Always adjust your speed so that you can stop in time before obstacles or avoid oncoming traffic
- Watch out for pedestrians and hikers and drive slowly past
- Driving on the track with motorcycles will be reported without exception.
- The use of the bicycle routes is at your own risk.
- In the forest, especially camping, camping in the dark, making fires, disturbing game or entering forest cultures under 3 m tree height are prohibited by law.
- Check your sports equipment regularly and wear a helmet
- Only the use of the approved, marked routes is permitted.
- Never leave the marked path
- We ask for consideration for the environment.
- Avoid noise and pollution.
- Restrict driving in the twilight to protect wild animals.
- Observe the road traffic regulations and provide first aid if necessary.
- Please always close gates and gates.
- Caution during forestry work!
- Correct self-assessment
- Start in time and plan for reserves
- Leave higher altitudes in bad weather
- Make sure that you can get through safely if there are impassable stretches of road.
- If you do not feel safe, turn back soon enough
- For a safe cooperation please follow the Fair Play rules (Link) Emergency call: (+43 4282)112
Tips and hintsAlong the route there are numerous sights such as;
- Vorderberg Castle
- Church Maria in the ditch
- Adventure natural swimming pool Vorderberg
- Koutschitz Alm
Getting thereFrom Western Austria and Germany
On the Tauern Autobahn (A10) via the Tauern and Katschberg tunnels (toll) to the Feistritz/Drau exit, continue in the direction of Hermagor over the Windische Höhe, in St. Stefan turn right in the direction of Vorderberg until you reach the Vorderberg adventure natural swimming pool.
Or: alternatively, continue on the A10 to the Villach junction, continue on the A2 Südautobahn in the direction of Italy, exit Hermagor/Gailtal in the direction of Hermagor. Turn off to Feistritz/Gail, direction Vorderberg until you reach the Erlebnis-Naturbad Vorderberg.
Or: Motorway via Rosenheim, Kufstein (A12 Inntal motorway, exit Kufstein Süd), Felbertauern tunnel (toll) to Lienz, Gailbergsattel, Kötschach-Mauthen, direction Hermagor, continue to St. Stefan, turn-off to Vorderberg until you reach the Erlebnis-Naturbad Vorderberg.
From Eastern Austria
Take the southern motorway (A2) to the Hermagor/Gailtal exit. Continue via the Gailtal feeder road in the direction of Hermagor. Turn off to Feistritz/Gail, direction Vorderberg until the Erlebnis-Naturbad Vorderberg.
Autostrada Udine - Tarvisio - exit Hermagor/Gailtal. Continue via the Gailtal feeder road in the direction of Hermagor. Turn off to Feistritz/Gail, direction Vorderberg until you reach the Erlebnis-Naturbad Vorderberg
ParkingPublic parking spaces are available directly at the starting point.
- Helmet duty!!!!!!
- Right clothing: Do not only adapt your clothing to the current weather conditions.
- Also pack warm clothing, a spare jersey and rain protection in summer, especially in the early and late seasons.
- Emergency equipment: bandages, repair kit (spare hose, pump, tools), map, mobile phone and possibly GPS
- ATTENTION: In the mountains reception is not guaranteed everywhere!
- Take enough to drink with you and plan a stopover in good time
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.