This ski tour starts at the Gasthof Talwirt. You go to the Stockham farm. Through meadows and through the forest, you go up to the two Kreealmen. The Kreehütte is the lower one, the Bichlhütte is the upper one. Both are closed during winter. Shortly before the Kreealm-Kreehütte you pass a small chapel.
You go through a wide meadow in some serpentines to the Schöderhorn. The view is breathtaking.
There are numerous descent routes along the ascent route to the Kreealmen. Then you ski either along the forestry road or through the forest until you reach the Stockham farm and finally the Gasthof Talwirt.
Safety informationObserve the avalanche warning level!
Tips and hintsSki touring in Grossarltal
Getting thereYou go by car or public bus no. 540 to Hüttschlag and further to the valley end to Gasthof Talwirt.
Parkingparking space Gasthof Talwirt
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Recommended maps for this region:
Equipmentski touring equipment, transponder, shove, probe, charged mobile phone
Basic Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski Helmet
- 2 pairs of Gloves: lightweight, breathable and windproof for going uphill, regular ski gloves for downhill
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Additional warm jacket
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Lightweight wind- and waterproof ski pants
- 20 to 28 liter rucksack, preferably backcountry type
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Ski Touring
- Ski touring boots
- Ski touring bindings to fit boots
- Ski touring skins to fit skis
- Ski poles, preferably telescopic type
- Avalanche safety equipment to consider: beacon, avalanche probe, avalanche shovel
- Ski touring crampons
- Crevasse rescue kit
- Ski touring harness
- Light ice axe
- Ski touring ropes
- Avalanche airbag backpack
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.