A dream tour with beautiful views and moderate gradient? Here it is: The trail leads across the sunny alpine plateau of the Tauplitzalm past tranquil mountain lakes, through magnificently blooming meadows and sparse larch forests.
Distance 15.3 km
On this tour you will be rewarded with a diverse high altitude landscape and a beautiful view of the surrounding mountain peaks. Nevertheless, this extended hike is relatively easy to master, as the gradients are moderate. The best comes at the end: the summit climb to the Rosskogel is relatively easy to master and the view is magnificent. However, surefootedness is required.
The Rosskogel is considered the little brother of the Almkogel, but also from its summit there are many beautiful views of the mountain landscape around.
Update: January 21, 2022
Safety informationEmergency call mountain rescue: 140
Emergency reporting tip - provide answers to the six W questions:
- What happened?
- How many injured?
- Where did the accident happen? (possibly GPS coordinates)
- Who is reporting? (callback number)
- When did the accident happen?
- Weather at the accident site?
Tips and hintsTourist Office Ausseerland-Salzkammergut
Information office Tauplitz
8982 Bad Mitterndorf
+43 3688 24 46
Getting thereThe journey to Tauplitz is best planned with google.at/maps. From here you can take the 4-seater chairlift to the high plateau.
By car you can reach the Tauplitzalm from Bad Mitterndorf via the Tauplitzalm Alpine Road (toll).
ParkingThere is sufficient free parking available at the valley station of the 4-seater chairlift and at the parking lot on the Tauplitzalm.
33T 423828 5271612
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentProper backpacking makes many things easier: pack heavy things first. The water bottle should always be within easy reach in a side pocket. All things that are often needed, such as sunglasses, camera or hiking map, belong on top. An emergency kit including blister plaster belongs in every backpack and a clothing according to the "onion system" is always recommended!
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view