Livestock farming courses were intensified and alpine farming courses were introduced at the Grabneralm. The school bore the name "Landesschule für Alpwirtschaft". In 2010 a goat barn with a show dairy was built on the Grabneralm.
Rest StopAdmonterhaus, 1.723 m
Safety informationMountain rescue emergency call: 140
Tip for emergency message - give answers to the six W questions: What happened? How many injured? Where did the accident happen (possibly GPS coordinates)? Who is reporting (callback number)? When did the accident happen? Weather at the scene of the accident?
Tips and hintswww.gesaeuse.at
Getting thereB 117 from direction Admont and St. Gallen to Buchauer Sattel
ParkingGrabneralm car park
Author’s map recommendations
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentA first aid kit is included in the rucksack as well as the mobile phone (Euro-emergency call 112), a repair kit, warm clothing, rain gear, light and sufficient food and drink.
Gloves and glasses protect hands and eyes.
Maps or GPS are valuable orientation aids.
Always wear a helmet uphill and downhill!
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.