5 kilometers of sledding fun by day & night
Snappy, fast and curvy - that's how the 5 km long natural toboggan run on the Galsterberg presents itself. A winter magic on two runners invites you to a hearty toboggan run during the day as well as in the evening hours.
You can find the current status during the operating hours of the toboggan run at: https://www.schladming-dachstein.at/de/Winter/Skiberge/Bergbahn-Galsterberg
During the day there are special family discounts for single rides in the gondola and for funny rounds, clubs or an evening company outing there is also this year again the all inclusive sledge package which is only valid in the evening.
All information about the prices for tobogganing on the Galsterberg can be found here: https://www.schladming-dachstein.at/de/Winter/Skifahren/Skipasspreise#Rodeln-und-Nachtskilauf
Special sledding packages, including ride up the mountain, food and drink, promise boundless wintertime fun on the Galsterberg, both day and night. Whether families, friends or whole groups – fun is guaranteed for everyone.
Safety informationThe use of the slopes outside the opening hours is extremely dangerous and therefore strictly prohibited!
Getting thereGondola ride to the top station
ParkingBase station Galsterbergalm
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentA helmet is recommended, sturdy shoes, winter equipment
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.