Rest StopGrabneralm, 1.395 m
Safety informationMountain rescue emergency call: 140
Tip for emergency message - give answers to the six W questions: What happened? How many injured? Where did the accident happen (possibly GPS coordinates)? Who is reporting (callback number)? When did the accident happen? Weather at the scene of the accident?
Tips and hintsTourismusverband Gesäuse
Hauptstraße 35, 8911 Admont, Österreich
Tel. +43 (0) 3613 21160 10
Getting therefrom direction Admont or St. Gallen B 117 Buchauer Sattel to pass summit
Parkingauf der Passhöhe Buchauer Sattel
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy mountain boots or good trekking shoes, as well as a hiking rucksack with appropriate contents (water bottle, first aid, hiking map, sun protection, snack, etc.). You should also be well prepared for a change of weather. Mobile phone for emergency call.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.