A drop down from Tengboche to cross the Imja Khola river is followed by a steady up to Pherice.
Distance 11.6 km
A fairly big drop takes you down to the river. Once crossed a pleasant walk follows, winding around villages where you can stop for lunch. Ever present today is the dominant view of Ama Dablam. Beautiful views take you on to Pherice for the night. To read more about this route and my own experience of walking it click on the link below https://jimearl6.com/nepal-tengboche-to-pherice/#more-2080
45R 476831 3078999
Recommended maps for this region:
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view