The Trailchallenge takes place for the thrid time in August 2021 and is a highlight in the Lecher Alpine Summer. The legendary White Ring - The ski round is mastered on foot in the opposite direction. Experienced trail runners master the Great Hero Championship alone or in teams of three. For hobby runners there is the small hero classification, which leads back to Lech along the Lechweg after the catering station in Zug.
Lech Zürs is an absolute paradise for trail runners. The mountain air and numerous marked routes make runners' hearts beat faster. There are the right routes for every level of runner. From almost flat runs along the Lechweg or on the high plateaus to demanding physical and technical summit runs. In Lech every trail runner finds ideal training conditions. Several independent studies have shown that the altitude of Lech Zürs am Arlberg has a positive effect on the health and effectiveness of training.
140 Alpine Emergencies Austria-wide
144 Alpine emergency Vorarlberg
112 Euro emergency call (works with any mobile phone/network)
For more information please visit www.vorarlberg.travel/safety
Tips and hintshttps://www.lechzuers.com
Getting thereFrom Germany: Take the A96 motorway to Bregenz from there on the A14 motorway to Bludenz, continue on the S16 to the Lech Zürs am Arlberg exit. Follow the B197 up to Alpe Rauz, turn left here onto the B198 through Flexengalerie and over the Flexenpass to Lech Zürs am Arlberg.
From Switzerland: Via the A13 motorway and the Feldkirch, Hohenems or Lustenau border crossing on the A14 motorway to Bludenz. Continue on the S16 until exit Lech Zürs am Arlberg. Follow the B197 up to Alpe Rauz, turn left here onto the B198 through Flexengalerie and over the Flexenpass to Lech Zürs am Arlberg.
From Austria: Via the Inntalautobahn A12 and then via the S16 to the exit St. Anton am Arlberg (Arlberg Pass). Follow the B197 first through St. Anton, then through St. Christoph and over the Arlbergpass to Alpe Rauz. Turn right here onto the B198, drive through Flexengalerie and over the Flexenpass to Lech Zürs am Arlberg.
ParkingYou can either park your vehicle directly at your host or park it in the underground garage in Anger. The underground car park is located directly in the centre of town opposite Raiffeisenbank Lech.
Recommended maps for this region:
During the competition all heroes and heroines are required to bring the following equipment:
- Trailrunning - Shoes
- Rainwear or overgarments as rain protection
- Warm clothing (top and long trousers or leg warmers)
- Gloves and cap
- Water tank and at least 1.5 litres of water
- Emergency equipment (first aid kit, blanket, whistle)
- Headlamp with charged battery
Basic Equipment for Trail Running
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Comfortable running shoes
- Trail running socks
- Vest pack
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Kit para bolhas
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.