Atmospheric forest walk along the snow-white creek.
Distance 4.2 km
From the village centre, walk on the road beside the Wegscheidbach stream up to the Jägerwirt, a cosy inn known for its excellent Tirolean cuisine and friendly hospitality. Walk a short distance through the forest, cross the stream and continue uphill a short way until you reach the Steinacker hill. From here, the route begins to head gradually into the valley. Pass by the beautifully renovated Mittersbach farmhouse and admire its carved balconies, which are true works of art. Follow a short loop into the valley along the Treffauerbach stream, which has countless ice crystals at its edges, and return to Scheffau along a forest trail.
Update: January 06, 2019
Getting thereHeading from Wörgl, Kufstein or St. Johann on the B178 road, take the exit to Scheffau. Shortly before you come to the church, you will see the Tourist Information Office and the hiking starting point on the left-hand side (short-stay parking zone).
ParkingPublic car park, Scheffau (740 m), north of the Community Hall - free
33T 293028 5267503
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentSturdy high mountaineering boots with anti-slip treaded soles (waterproof), weather-appropriate outdoor gear, sun protection, waterproofs, cold protection (hat, gloves), sufficient food and hot drinks, hiking poles (height adjustable) if required, mobile phone, plastic bag for waste, hiking map, route description and information materials (GPX track), ID card, cash
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view