Circular hike to the farms and wine taverns in Postal. The starting point of the hike is above the Parish Church in Postal (parking available).
Entrance to the Graf-Volkmar-Weg along the fitness trail. After approx. 200 m the farm track forks to the left up the mountainside. The forest path leads past the Wieslerhof wine tavern. Kirchweg trail takes us back to the starting point. Ideal hike during Törggelen festival time.
Getting thereTake the expressway Me-Bo through the Etsch Valley to Burgstall.
Book recommendations for this region:
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.