Sinabell's impressive southwest-facing wall can be seen from afar. At the summit, an alpine meadow, filled with flowers and grazing sheep, invites you to take a break with wonderful views across mountaintops from the Enns Valley and the Schladminger Tauern to the high-alpine terrain of 'Am Stein'.
Hiking via Ferrata routes is a demanding sport in rugged terrain. For your safety, please observe the following rules:
- Via Ferrata routes are demanding and require a good level of fitness, no hight vertigo and sure-footedness.
- Always use a helmet and, a via Ferrata kit to attach yourself to the safety rope. Many mountain rescue missions are a result of carelessness and bad weather conditions.
- Many routes require most of the day. When planning a tour, always include the possibility of a sudden change of weather. Be prepared: carry spare clothing and a good stock of food supplies.
- Always show respect towards fellow mountaineers. Inform them about possible dangers if need be.
- Take care of our environment. Only take photographs and memories with you - leave no trace.
Alpine Emergency Numbers
Mountain Rescue 140
Euro Emergency Call 112
Tips and hintswww.ramsau.com
Arriving from the west:
From the west you can take the Munich-Salzburg motorway, continuing on the Tauern motorway (A 10) until the Ennstal junction. From here take the Ennstal A-road (the B 320) for around 30 km into the Schladming-Dachstein region, then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off.
Arriving from the north:
From the south-east take the Pyhrnautobahn motorway (A 9) to the Liezen junction and then the Ennstal A-road (B 320) into the Schladming-Dachstein region. Then take the Ramsau am Dachstein turn-off.
ParkingParking lot at Hotel Feistererhof
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentVia Ferrata equipment
Basic Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Via Ferratas
- Via ferrata set
- Climbing harness
- Climbing helmet
- Via ferrata or hard-wearing safety gloves
- Positioning lanyard / personal anchor system with screwgate carabiners for resting
- Via ferrata belay kit if required (when accompanying beginners and / or children)
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.