Au-Jaghausen (parish church, 791m) - Auer Ried (1,050 m) nature trail (via Argenbachtal) - Jaghausen - parish church
Distance 7 km
The path leads you from the Argen gorge into the Auer Ried nature reserve. The power of water, geology, nature conservation, ancient cultivated landscape and the mighty Kanisfluh provide the subjects and the stations of the hike for those interested in nature. Over 50 rare species of plant thrive in the Auer Ried. Watercourses, gallery forests and damp biotopes run through the humid rough pastures and upland hay meadows with their numerous characteristic old hay huts.
The volume of poems by Birgit Rietzler invites you to a literary hike through Auer Ried: "Berberitzen" puts in words the externally visible and the internally perceptible. Available in the tourist information offices in Au und Schoppernau.
Update: September 21, 2021
Safety informationEmergency call:
140 Alpine emergencies Austria
144 Alpine emergencies Vorarlberg
112 Euro- emergency call (works with any mobile network)
Tips and hintsEinkehrmöglichkeiten: Gasthäuser in Au
Getting thereFrom Germany:
Autobahn Lindau, Pfänder Tunnel, Autobahnabfahrt Dornbirn Nord - Bregenzerwald - Egg - Mellau - Au
Autobahn Kempten - Immenstadt - Oberstaufen - Grenzübergang Springen-Aach - Lingenau - Egg - Mellau - Au (mautfrei)
Garmisch-Partenkirchen oder Füssen - Reutte (Tirol) - Lechtal - Warth - Au (mautfrei)
Autobahn St. Gallen - St. Margrethen/Au - Lustenau - Dornbirn - Bregenzerwald - Egg - Mellau - Au
Inntal-Autobahn - Innsbruck - St. Anton - Arlbergpaß - Lech - Warth (bei Wintersperre Arlbergtunnel - Dornbirn - Egg - Mellau) - Au
Parkingpublic parking the the parish church
32T 573761 5241533
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Nature Trails
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Comfortable clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view