Refreshment stops: Grabneralm - Admonterhaus
Adventure points Admonter Warte, 1,804 m, local mountain, wonderful viewpoint
Grabnerstein, Mittagskogel and Natterriegel - popular ski mountains in winter
Getting therefrom Admont: at the Ennsbrücke roundabout, take the Altenmarkt exit and drive approx. 8 km up the Buchauer Sattel, turn left at the top of the pass, parking after 100 m
of St. Gallen: Drive towards Admont for about 12 km on the Buchauer Sattel, turn right at the top of the pass, parking after 100 m
ParkingParkplatz Admonterhaus/Grabneralm auf dem Buchauer Sattel
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentMountain boots or good trekking shoes, as well as a hiking rucksack with appropriate contents (water bottle, first aid, hiking map,
sun protection, snacks, etc.).
You should also be well prepared for a change of weather. Mobile phone for emergency calls.(140)
Do not forget your sleeping bag for overnight stays in the huts!
As little as possible, as much as necessary
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.