"Through the dark Höllngraben to the sunny Hochkönig"
This hike is the first tour of The Salzburg Almenweg, that takes you through 31 stages through the SalzburgerLand. In all degrees of difficulty, but without climbing and rope safety, over mountains and through valleys. You can start and stop at any stage. Depending on the "spent" stages, beautiful rewards, in the form of stick pins, await you!
After the start of the hike behind the Landgasthof Reitsamerhof, you can not yet guess the variety of nature you will be hiking on this day. In the beginning, you pass the farms and houses along the roads, meadows and forest paths, then through the dark Höllngraben, along the stream, to the alpine pastures, through the wonderfully fragrant forests until they finally see the Mitterfeldalm at the foot of the Hochkönig massif! You can not skip a delicious Almjausn or a Häferlcafe with the world's most delicious nutcrackers!
Relatively long, though not too difficult hike.
Lowest / highest point: 525 m / 1695 m
Altitude: 1250 m; Length: approx. 11 km
Gehzeit: approx. 5 hours
• All efforts are paid when you reach the Mitterfeldalm, at the foot of the Hochkönig!
• The Erzweg leads you from the Arthurhaus directly to the center of Mühlbach am Hochkönig!
Visit in Werfen Hohenwerfen Castle, Kuenburggewölbe, Giant Ice Caves, Indoor climbing wall, Jetboat rides, Shooting range “Jagdzentrum Stegenwald“ and The Sound of Music Trail.
Empfehlung nach der Tour Einkehr im Arthurhaus wenn man was konsumiert bekommt man den Gratisjeton für den Parkplatz!
• Always pay attention to the appropriate equipment and clothing. Especially high-heeled shoes with slip-resistant sole as well as rain and cold protection are important.
• The basic hiking equipment also includes a backpack, drinks and provisions, a small pharmacy with bandage and bivouac sack, warm clothing, windproof cover, headlamp and orientation material (hiking map, altimeter, compass).
• Make sure you have enough liquid with you!
• Always take your mobile phone into the mountains.
• And another note: Please always tell your relatives or neighborhoods where you are going and when you plan to return. Please return by return (by phone or otherwise).
Alpiner Notruf: 140
Internationaler Notruf: 112
Depending on the weather, sun or rain protection, firm footwear is recommended.
Pfarrwerfen T. O.: Tel. +43 (0)6468 5390
TVB Werfen: Tel. +43 (0)6468 5388
Bischofshofen T. O.: Tel. +43 (0)6462 2471
Mühlbach/Hkg. T. O.: Tel. +43 (0)6584 20388-40
Bus information: Tel. +43 (0)6462 33030-33
Refreshment and accommodation options
Mitterfeldalm: mid May to late Oktober, Tel. +43 (0)664 6438077
Schweizerhütte: May to Oktober (Wed-Sun), Tel. +43 (0)6467 7202
Arthurhaus: May to October, Tel. +43 (0)6467 7202
From Salzburg, take the A10-Tauernautobahn, take the exit Pfarrwerfen and turn left in the direction of train station Pfarrwerfen or Reitsamerhof in Werfen-Imlau (Salzachtal- Bundesstraße B 159).
Coming from Zell am See / Villach take the A10-Tauernautobahn, take the exit Pfarrwerfen and turn left in the direction of train station Pfarrwerfen or Reitsamerhof in Werfen-Imlau (Salzachtal- Bundesstraße B 159).
Free Parking is possible at the train station Pfarrwerfen or next to the Landgasthof Reitsamerhof in Werfen-Imlau.