ENCANTATS | From Sant Maurici lake (Espot) to Aigüestortes (Boí)
Estany de Sant MauriciFoto: CAMINS Compañia de GUIAS de montaña, Community
We start the stage with the transfer from Taxis Stop of the National Park to Estany de Sant Maurici. In the course of this tour we will have the opportunity to know some of the most emblematic areas, and give the Park its name: Pla de Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici going through the great Puerto del Portarrò (2430m), that separates the two valleys of the Park: the Escrita river valley and St. Nicolau of Aiguestortes riverbank. Peaks, valleys, forests, meadows and a large number of lakes form a spectacular landscape.
After passing the Portarrò d'Espot, we start to go down to the Llong lake, after the St. Nicolau riverbank, and Llebreta lake until to reach Boí.
Marked route with National Park of Aigüestortes & Sant Maurici marks.
TECHNICAL AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS OF A ROUTE
Each activity is marked by levels that indicate its physical hardness and technical difficulty. It is important that you take this into account.
- TECHNIQUE 1: No previous experience. No physical preparation. Walks of an average duration between 30'/2 hours. Approximate gradients between 100/200 m.
- TECHNIQUE 2: Step by step with some previous experience. Walks in the mountains with some regularity. The effort made is light. Walks of an average duration between 1/3 hours. Approximate gradients between 200/400 m.
- TECHNIQUE 3: With some experience. With some physical preparation. Walks of an average duration between 2/4 hours. Approximate altitude difference between 400/600 m.
- TECHNIQUE 4: With some experience. Walks in the mountains with a certain degree of regularity. The effort made is moderate. Walks of an average duration of 4/6 hours. Approximate altitude difference between 600/800 m.
- TECHNIQUE 5: Experienced. Regular mountain walking. The effort made is sustained. Walks of an average duration of 5/7 hours. Differences in altitude can occasionally reach 1,000m.
- TECHNIQUE 6: Very experienced. Frequent mountain walking. With good physical preparation. The effort made is sustained and, occasionally, high. Walks of an average duration of 7/9 hours and occasionally longer. The gradients can occasionally exceed 1,200m.
Buchtipps für die Region
MOUNTAIN FOOTWEAR (boot or shoe with a specific mountain sole).
At each stage and depending on the state of the terrain and/or weather forecast, the type of height of the shoe upper (boot or shoe) will be recommended.
As the routes go through a medium and high mountain environment, as well as being an area where the weather can change quickly and drastically, we RECOMMEND, whatever the difficulty of the route, the following items:
- Long trousers. If the characteristics of the route together with the expected weather conditions allow the use of short trousers, a piece to cover the rest of the leg that is left uncovered will be worn, either by carrying a second pair of trousers or long tights in the rucksack in all cases.
- First layer: breathable, quick-drying short-sleeved T-shirt (tank tops are not recommended as they are not suitable for backpack transport).
- Second layer: thin/medium liner or long-sleeved T-shirt.
- Third layer: waterproof and windproof rain jacket with hood.
- Cap / Buff or similar for the sun.
- Safety equipment by Covid19: Mask and disinfectant gel.
Although some of these items of clothing will not be used during the route, it is recommended to carry them in the rucksack throughout the journey and ready to be used in case of weather changes or unforeseen events in order to avoid hypothermia in the event of a change in the weather or an incident that prolongs the day's journey.
MINIMUM BACKPACK CONTENTS
- Mountain backpack of 20-30 litres depending on the duration of the route, with its waterproof cover.
- Personal first-aid kit with special medicines if required (In case of any pathology, illness or injury, you should inform the guide of the route about it).
- Water (minimum 2 litres)- Food (depending on the length of the route).
- Sun cream, cap/hat and sunglasses.
- Documentation and a charged telephone.
We recommend that you always carry your walking sticks in your rucksack for use in case of need.
Fragen & Antworten
Hier kannst du gezielt Fragen an den Autor stellen.
Gib die erste Bewertung ab und hilf damit anderen.
Fotos von anderen